WELCOME TO OLD GIPPSTOWN, GIPPSLAND’S HERITAGE PARK
Step back in time to the 1850′s and enjoy a visit to Old Gippstown, next to McDonald’s in Moe. This complete Historical Township filled with authentic buildings and décor makes an ideal venue for weddings and functions. Old Gippstown is also renowned for its Coach house which contains one of Victoria’s best collections of horse drawn vehicles.
The beautiful garden settings are perfect for picnics and barbeques. You can also see a large variety of agricultural and industrial machinery ranging from horse drawn, steam-driven or manually operated, and the blacksmiths forge, in which many were manufactured.
The general store and dressmaking shop contain displays of original implements used around the home in the 1850s. Tynong Theatre, at which a screening of old black and white movies / newsreel / shorts can be arranged for visitors. Prior Arrangements must be made.
- Visit the Local Police station and spend a short stretch in the local jail.
- Drop past the local doctor’s quarters - Don’t forget to look out for the ghost!
Our Park is Open 7 days a week
- Monday – Wednesday: 9am – 3pm (Access through Administration Building)
- Thursday & Friday: 9am – 3pm (Access through Café)
- Saturday & Sunday: 8am – 4pm (Access through Café)
Our Cafe is Open 4 days a week
- Monday – Wednesday: CLOSED
- Thursday & Friday 10am – 2pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8am – 4pm
Our Administration Office is Open 5 days a week
- Monday – Friday: 9am-5pm
Please note we are closed for Christmas Day and Good Friday each year.
Last updated: 21 May 2015